The mission of Christ the Redeemer’s Religious Education program is to bring the “Good News” of God’s love to all children, and to call young people to commit their lives to Christ. Religious Education classes are available for children in preschool through high school.
We encourage Parents to be registered members of Christ the Redeemer when registering students for Religious Education classes. Census forms can be obtained from the office during regular business hours or in the Narthex of the church.
DID YOU KNOW: The Catechism of the Catholic Church states:
- Parents have the first responsibility for the education of their children. They bear witness to this responsibility first by creating a home where tenderness, forgiveness, respect, fidelity and disinterested service are the rule. ccc 2223
- Through the grace of the sacrament of marriage, parents receive the responsibility and privilege of evangelizing their children. ccc 2224
- Education in the faith by the parents should begin in the child's earliest years. This already happens when family members help one another to grow in faith by the witness of a Christian life in keeping with the Gospel. ccc2226
Get involved: Become a Catechist
then contact Debbie Jones at 281-469-5533 x 104
- Share your faith and wisdom with the children of Christ the Redeemer.
- Top 10 Reasons to Become a Catechist
- Why Be a Catechist?
- Want to know what to do this summer?
- We offer on-going formation for new and continuing catechists.
Other Ways to Volunteer In The Religious Education Program
- Serve as an aide to the teachers or consider being a substitute.
- Help in the nursery during class times to accommodate the teachers with babies and pre-school age children.
- Serve as hall monitor during the classes.
- Teacher appreciation
- Occasional office help
- All Adults volunteering to work with children or youth must take Virtus as mandated by the Archdiocese of Galveston/Houston For more information click on the Virtus tab to the left.