Education Building Update
Work on the Education Building has been delayed. Pre-K 3 through 5th grade children will continue working with parents at home. See a letter from the Director of Religious Education, Kathy Kelley.
"Open the Door of Faith" celebrates the Church's calling of catechists to their ministry of teaching the Word of God. Learn more from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, or USCCB, website.
The mission of Christ the Redeemer’s Religious Education program is to bring the “Good News” of God’s love to all children and to call young people to commit their lives to Christ. Religious Education classes are available for children in preschool through high school.
We encourage parents to be registered members of Christ the Redeemer when registering students for Religious Education classes. Census forms can be obtained from the Parish of Religious Education Offices during regular business hours or in the Narthex of the church.
The Catechism of the Catholic Church States:
- Parents have the first responsibility for the education of their children. They bear witness to this responsibility first by creating a home where tenderness, forgiveness, respect, fidelity and disinterested service are the rule. ccc 2223
- Through the grace of the Sacrament of Marriage, parents receive the responsibility and privilege of evangelizing their children. ccc 2224
- Education in the faith by the parents should begin in the child's earliest years. This already happens when family members help one another to grow in faith by the witness of a Christian life in keeping with the Gospel. ccc2226
Get involved: Become a CatechistCatechists, or R.E. teachers, share their faith and wisdom with the children of CtR. Also, we offer ongoing formation and training for new and continuing catechists. If you're deciding whether or not to volunteer as a catechist and teach religious education at CtR, learn more why would it fruitful for you and the children of the parish. Catechist registration for the 2014-15 catechetical year will open with student registration.
More Volunteer Opportunities in R.E.
- Serve as an aide to the catechists or consider being a substitute.
- Help in the nursery during class times to accommodate the catechists with babies and Preschool-age children.
- Serve as hall monitor during the classes.
- Assist in teacher appreciation.
- Aid in occasional office help.
- All adults volunteering to work with children or youth must take VIRTUS - Protecting God's Children as mandated by the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston. For more information, visit our page on Safe Environment and VIRTUS.
Apr 1, 2014This first registration date is for current catechists and students.
Apr 10, 2014
10:00 AMDrop off your dozen eggs for each child participating!
Apr 12, 2014
10:00 AMThe hunt is on beginning at 10 a.m.
May 1, 2014This second registration date is for all interested in the CtR Religious Education program.