2013 Diocesan Services Fund
This year's theme for the Diocesan Services Fund (DSF) is "Faith working through love" (Gal. 5:6). St. Paul writes that we are to bear one another's burdens as an act of discipleship. When we follow Christ's call, it is most appropriate that we give of ourselves through stewardship for we discover that our response brings many gifts to us. The gifts given are gifts to be shared, in time, talent and resources. When you give of your resources for DSF, you are answering the call of discipleship in a most concrete and effective way that benefits the common good of the whole archdiocese.
Each year the Diocesan Services Fund (DSF) operates in the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston to help the Church carry out the ministries of teaching and sanctifying. Of the sixty-plus programs under its umbrella, DSF brings the needed financial resources to carry out these same ministries.
DSF Online Giving
Cardinal's Letter of Appeal
Frequently Asked Questions:
How is my contribution to the Diocesan Services Fund (DSF) spent?
The Diocesan Services Fund helps all of us fulfill Christ’s mission here on earth by supporting those programs and services that cannot be accomplished by one parish alone. More than 60 programs receive all or part of their funding from the DSF and all funds are spent within archdiocesan boundaries. The broad areas of ministry that receive DSF support include: Catholic education of children and adults; pastoral ministries for the sick, the poor and the incarcerated; the formation and education of church leadership; and social service programs such as San José Clinic, St. Dominic Village and Catholic Charities. These ministries are listed in detail elsewhere in this document.
Are any of the funds spent on administration of the Chancery?
No funds are spent on general administrative expenses of the Chancery. Only 4.03% of the funds are spent on the DSF campaign expenses. This percentage does not cover staff compensation expenses or office supplies which are covered under general administrative expenses of the Chancery.
How may I donate to DSF?
- Credit Card – You may charge your donations to a credit card either using your pledge card or going on-line. We accept payments via MasterCard, VISA, Discover and American Express.
- Direct Debit – You may set up a direct debit on your checking account on your pledge card. Just follow the directions on the card. You also may pay by “e-check” on-line.
- Check – You may place your check in the pew envelopes found at your parish or send your check with the pledge card you received in the mail.
- Cash – You may place your cash in the pew envelopes found at your parish, or if you would like, you may send your cash donation with the pledge card you received in the mail.
- A donation of stock, IRA’s, Mutual Funds, or securities – The Development Department can help arrange any of these transactions. Please call Michael Schillaci at 713-652-4418. The donation form is also available on the Archdiocesan website.
- Matching Gift – DSF qualifies for many corporate matching gift programs. Contact your employer for more information on their matching gift program.
*** Parish Electronic Giving - DSF is Cardinal DiNardo’s annual appeal; as such, DSF donations are made directly to the Archdiocese to directly benefit Archdiocesan programs. You may pledge/donate on-line or complete a donor form available at your parish office or by calling the Development Records Office of the Archdiocese at 713.659.5461.
How does DSF benefit my parish?
DSF benefits your parish in many ways, from training and supporting Archdiocesan priests and deacons, to training pastoral councils and catechists, to supporting the parish school system. If your parish exceeds goal in payments, 50% of those funds over your goal are returned to your parish and 50% goes to Aid to Poor Parishes.
May I designate my donation to a particular ministry?
Individual contributions to DSF cannot be designated to specific ministries as funds are allocated based on the needs of each ministry set forth in their budget. This ensures that all ministries benefit from your gift.
How can I confirm that my parish is getting credit for my donation?
Check with your parish. Parishes are able to download reports from the Archdiocesan website every week. Contact the Development Department if your donation is not credited.
I used to receive the Texas Catholic Herald, how can I receive it again?
With your gift to the DSF you will receive a free subscription to the “Texas Catholic Herald” to help you keep up with the activities and ministries of the Archdiocese and the Church worldwide.
How may I get a letter for my income tax?
Acknowledgment letters are sent at the time a pledge is made. All gifts equaling $250 or more are sent a tax letter at the end of January following the tax year the donation was given. If you do not receive a tax letter please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-652-8284 and request a
How can I learn more about DSF?
Visit the Archdiocesan website or call the Development Department at 713.659.5461.