Familia is a four-year Catholic study program that helps women understand God's plan for them as a woman, as a wife and as a mother. Over the years, you will dissect teachings of the Church, written by St. John Paul II, on the family and feminism. We'll couple that with Scripture and the Catechism of the Catholic Church to learn how to lead yourself and your family to Christ. In doing so, you'll find peace, balance and joy in your life.
Year 1 - Called to Authentic Feminism
- Explore the beautiful mystery of femininity.
- Live the feminine genius the world needs.
- Know Mary as a model of strength.
- Based on: St. John Paul II's Mulieris Dignitatem (The Dignity and Vocation of Women)
Year 2 - God's Plan for Marriage and Family
- Deepen your love for your spouse.
- Learn effective communication with your children.
- Discover transcendent joy in your marriage.
- Based on: St. John Paul II's Familiaris Consortio (The Role of the Christian Family in the Modern World) Fiund
Year 3 - Created to Know: Called to Prayer
- Find the way to bring balance into your home.
- Find the strength and peace given by God in prayer.
- Foster your children's ability to make sound decisions in a complicated world.
- Based on: Prayer, from the Catechism of the Catholic Church and various writings on prayer.
Year 4: Created to Lead: Called to Act
- Realize the fullness of your baptismal call.
- Discover how to motivate not only yourself but others.
- Live a more unified family life.
- Based on: St. John Paul II's Vocation and Mission of the Lay Faithful in the Modern World.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! It is truly a gift for you, your marriage and your family. A new session of Familia begins in September. For more information, please contact
Also, learn more about Familia, by the Cana Family Institute
"In fact, woman has a genius all her own, which is vitally essential to both society and the Church."
John Paul II